Catalina Mahe ’22, Parnassus

Parnassus is a home to many. Integrating disciplines like visual arts, foreign language, and English, senior Catalina Mahe ’22 is ecstatic to be one of the lead editors for the magazine. As a prospective ninth grader, Catalina saw it as an opportunity to expand her love for first language, Spanish––now learning both French and Spanish in her last year. The club allows students to explore their creativity outside of the classroom and gain exposure from peers’ experiences and writing. Meanwhile, Catalina and her senior co-editors (Sunaya Mueller ’22, Charles Spitzley ’22) spend months curating the magazine with advisor Sra. Abby Kanter. Catalina hopes that the upcoming year will inspire new writers and language-fanatics towards the magazine’s community.

“Parnassus does have a very family-club feel. I think one of the benefits of writing in another language, the most obvious thing, is just practicing the language. I’ve got to read all of the pieces in Parnassus, regardless of what language they’re in. It has inspired me to write a lot of my own pieces and to look into reading more literature in other languages. I finally got to share pieces that spoke about what it’s like being Colombian for me. I got to write about what the food, and what my family is like, and I got to express that in Spanish. “

Sunaya Mueller ’22, Teen Vogue

Sunaya Mueller ’22, Teen Vogue

Sunaya Mueller ’22 has been a journalist for more than six years. Beginning as a member of the Scholastic News Kids Press Corps. in middle school, Sunaya found her beat as a writer. She found, a passion for telling untold stories from teens and upcoming changemakers....

Darby Lee-Stack ’23, D-EcoNews

Darby Lee-Stack ’23, D-EcoNews

Amidst a busy hybrid year, rising Junior, Darby-Lee Stack ’23 saw an opportunity when she joined the Upper School Environmental club. Inspired by other established student publications like Parnassus and Calliope, Darby learned from ground-zero how to publish a...

“The Wizard of Oz Youth Edition” MS Musical - Tickets
Johari Sutton ‘24 - Vote for her Artwork in the Congressional Art Competition!
D-E 360° Summer
Athletics Schedule
W.A.G. Week at a Glance
Admissions
D-E.org
D-E Today - News and Editorial Content